- Information you give us. We may collect information such as email contacts and troubleshoot content that maybe provided during user feedback. We will use this information to provide better technical user support and improve our product in the future.
- Information we get from your use of our services and Software. We may collect information about our services and Software that you use and how you use them. This information may include, for instance, information about your device, the version of the software installed on your device, details about your usage patterns, limited details about your Internet usage stored temporarily to provide our services and Software, files and risks such as malware, and information that may be included in a virus or malware sample that we collect from your mobile device for review.
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information, including your operating system version, system language, and mobile device’s advertising ID.which are used to achieve optimal matching of display ads. More importantly, we are not able to get the device’s advertising ID without your consent in EEA country.
- Log information. When you use our services and Software, we may automatically collect and store certain information on our servers related to your use of our services and Software to help us improve the quality of our products and service. This may include:
- The manner in which you use our services and Software, including how frequently you install, use, or uninstall our Software and its features.
- Information collected relating to installed programs scanned by Software features. The information uploaded onto our
AVS Antivirus security center (“ AVS Antivirus security ”) servers for virus scanning include: file paths and MD5 checksums of the executable files, installed software names, package names, software signature certificates, and software URLs in conjunction with our filtering feature, which we apply to suspicious URLs when you use AVS Internet Protection (this information is encrypted and temporarily stored solely to provide our Services).
- Information relating to upgrades and updates to our Software, including the time of the upgrade and the version of the upgrade.
- Unique Serial numbers. When you use certain services, they might have a unique AVS serial number. This serial number and certain information about your installation (for example, the type of operating system on your device) may be sent to AVS when you install or uninstall Software or when Software periodically contacts our servers, such as in a check for automatic updates.
- Local storage.Software will generate an error log and a DUMP file automatically when an unexpected error occurs or an application crashes. Software will upload the error log and the DUMP file to AVS Antivirus Security Center as required to find out the reason that the error occurred or Software crashed and improve the quality of the product. Before uploading the error log and the DUMP file, Software will prompt you to agree to the upload. If you agree, Software will upload the error log and the DUMP file to AVS Antivirus Security Center; and if you do not agree, Software will not upload the log. The error log is a record of Software errors and/or crashes. DUMP files are generated by the operating system when a program crashes, and contain the program execution status of the crash, including the time of crash and system information. They do not contain Personal User Information.
- Error Log Uploading: Software will generate an error log and a DUMP file automatically when an unexpected error occurs or an application crashes. Software will upload the error log and the DUMP file to AVS Antivirus Security Center as required to find out the reason that the error occurred or Software crashed and improve the quality of the product. Before uploading the error log and the DUMP file, Software will prompt you to agree to the upload. If you agree, Software will upload the error log and the DUMP file to AVS Antivirus Security Center; and if you do not agree, Software will not upload the log. The error log is a record of Software errors and/or crashes. DUMP files are generated by the operating system when a program crashes, and contain the program execution status of the crash, including the time of crash and system information. They do not contain Personal User Information.
- • You may be able to limit the amount of information collected from your device (e.g., computer, phone, or tablet) with us by adjusting your device or browser settings. However, by preventing us from collecting information from you, we may not be able to provide some functions on our Services.
Information we may access from your device:
- Device & app history: Software may access information about activity on the device, which apps are running, your settings, browsing history and bookmarks for purposes including improving system performance, detecting malware, and logging errors. Software may close other apps that are running. We will not upload this information off your device and SD card except in an anonymized form to improve app performance.
- Contacts:Harassment Intercept allows you to block harass calls by accessing the address book information in the interception list. Never will we transfer your address book information.
- Location:If you utilize the Find My Phone feature, Software may access your phone’s location information to assist in locating your phone. In addition, the software will access your city location to show weather information.We do not utilize your location information for any other purpose.
- Phone, SMS and MMS: Software may access your phone, phone log, SMS, and MMS for several purposes. As part of the Call and SMS Filter feature, the Software may block phone calls, SMS and MMS based on black lists or white lists set by you. As part of the private communications feature, the Software may encrypt your phone log, contacts, SMS, and MMS in order to keep this information private. We do not upload any of this information off your device and SD card.
- Photos/Media/Files: Software may access files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, and your SD card in order to scan your device for malware and other purposes related to the functioning of the Software. We do not upload these files off of your device and SD card.
- Flashlight: Software may access your device’s camera system to utilize the device’s LED(s) for the Software’s flashlight feature. Software does not capture any images using your device’s camera(s).
- Wi-Fi connection information: Software may view information about your Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and names of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- Call information:Software may access information as to whether a phone call is active and the remote number connected by a call. Besides, accessing the call length may help identify whether the call is on the interception list and if not then users may be asked whether they would like to block it or not. If you utilize the Find My Phone feature, Software may access your phone number.
- Camera:Once you enable Intruder Selfie , the snoopers’ photo will be taken and saved here due to too many failed password attempts. Never will we transfer these photos and use it in other occasion.
- Notification:Software may access your notification for classification and processing once you enable Notification Manager and Message Security. Never will we transfer the above information.
- Device information:Software may access the temperature, power, and memory status of the phone, which aims to detect the running status and optimize it. Never will we transfer the above information.
- If you use the “Find My Phone” feature: We will also collect and use Personal User Information, including, for example, your Google account username, your phone number, and the location of your device, to provide you services, including remotely identifying the location of the device.
USE OF PERSONAL USER INFORMATION AVS uses the Personal User Information it collects in ways that serve your security and privacy needs, including the following:
- Provide threat prediction and protection products and services;
- Provide security advisories, information and product updates;
- Conduct research and analysis (for example, market and consumer research, security research and analysis, and trend analysis);
- Analyze users’ behavior when using our services and Software to customize users’ preferences;
- Provide customer support, manage subscriptions and respond to requests, questions and comments;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions;
- Customize, measure, and improve our product;
- Analyze and develop new products and services;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior, and criminal activity;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies;
- Perform other activities consistent with this policy.
- OTHER WAYS THAT WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Customer Experience Improvement Program: If you participate in the AVS Customer Experience Improvement Program, AVS will collect usage statistics of each copy of Software as required, which generally includes the installation and use frequency statistics of each featured user. Upon analysis of this data, AVS may improve the quality of the Software and release new helpful security services to users. The statistics are only taken in connection with our Software, and contain no Personal User Information.
- Feedback: When you contact AVS with any feedback or for customer service or technical support by email or in any other manner, we may keep a record of your correspondence with us to help solve any issues you might be facing. If you decide to sign up to receive updates or information about our Software or services, or to receive any of our marketing materials, we may use your email address to send you updates, newsletters or marketing materials. You may unsubscribe to such communication at any time.
INFORMATION SECURITYWe work hard to protect AVS and our users from unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, Personal User Information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt the information obtained through provision of many of our services in accordance with SSL protocol.
- Before any information is uploaded to our AVS Antivirus Security Center, we will encrypt this information using industry standard encryption methods, including MD5.
- We may review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems whenever we find it appropriate to do so.
- We restrict access to your Personal User Information to only those AVS employees, contractors and agents required to provide our Software and services. All AVS employees, contractors and agents are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Although we take great efforts to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that our databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.INFORMATION WE SHAREWe do not share Personal User Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of AVS unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will only share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AVS when we have your specific consent to do so, except when we share your Personal User Information to affiliate businesses or to third-party servicers which provide administrative or other services to us in connection with the Services and Software we offer you.
- For legal reasons. To the extent required or permitted by the applicable law, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals that are not affiliated with AVS if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, including a subpoena, warrant or other process issued by a court of competent jurisdiction;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service and/or End User License, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- As may be required for purposes of national security; or
- Prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or exposure to legal liability, where AVS believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- 1. provide information to us through our websites; or
- 2. license or download our Software or Services and accept the Terms of Service or End User License .